Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Self-defense Calls for Maximum Response

Right Side of the Rainbow: “By definition, proportionality means perpetual war” The Left is calling on Israel to keep to "proportionate" response to the missile attacks. Paul's post is a pretty clear refutation of that position.

When I perceive an imminent threat or am engaged in a fight for my safety, I do not act proportionately. I jump right to the head of the line with a .357 magnum response. Fists - .357. Knife - .357.

Paul has some great quotes over at Right Side of the Rainbow, you shouldn't miss them. I will leave you with a quote from one of my favorite Generals, William Tecumseh Sherman:
War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.
Israel did not go to war only because a soldier was kidnapped. Rockets had been raining down on Haifa and Galilee for months.

No comments: