Monday, July 24, 2006

What's Worse Than a Hollywood Interpretation of the Bard?

Nothing on God's Green earth!

The LLama Butchers: Gratuitous Llama Netflix Movie Review Now I didn't see the Hollywood version of A Midsummer Night's Dream, but I'm betting it can't be worse than the version of Romeo and Juliet that came out a few years back staring Claire Daines and what's his name... (you know, that annoying skinny guy from Titanic.) One of Shakespeare's best set to a high-volume rock sound track. Trust me when I tell you, there was nothing like it.

Although Robbo of the Llama Butchers seems to feel that AMND was right up there...
Well, all I can really say is that if you'll buy Calista Flockhart's treatment of the Bard, you'll buy anything. Also, sooper-sekret note to Shakesperian movie makers (yes, I'm talking to you, too, Branagh): THE RUDE MECHANICALS ARE THERE FOR CHEAP LAFFS, NOT AUDIENCE EDIFICATION ABOUT THE LIFE OF THE LITTLE GUY, DAMMIT. Thank you.
Can't wait to see that Mel Gibson version of Hamlet

No comments: