Friday, December 15, 2006

Exactly!

BREITBART.COM - Ex-Rep. Barr Quits GOP for Libertarians Once a player in the GOP, Barr quits for VERY good reasons.
"It's something that's been bothering me for quite some time, the direction in which the party has been going more and more toward big government and disregard toward privacy and civil liberties," said Barr, 58, a lawyer and consultant living in Atlanta. "In terms of where the country needs to be going to get back to our constitutional roots ... I've come to the conclusion that the only way to do that is to work with a party that practices what it preaches, and that is the Libertarian Party."
The Republicans do not appear to be interested in limited government, or personal freedom. They have truly become the other side of the coin from the Democrats. Big government is fine, as long as it is the right big government. Interference in the lives of citizens is fine, as long as it is the right interference.

I have problems with the (big "L") Libertarians, but I think I am beginning to have a lot fewer problems with them, than I do with the GOP. [Hat tip to Bitter]

Update: I am going to have to a close look at the Libertarians...

No comments: