Young kids in gangs. Killing to "earn their spurs" in a gang. And for all that England is officially a "gun free zone," very many people have been shot.
Some highlights (sic) from the stats.
• A quarter of all gun crimes last year were committed by under-18s.The Home Office will announce "new and improved" methods for combating youth crime. (Their equivalent of midnight basketball, no doubt.)
• More than half of killings are believed to be gang-related.
• Children as young as five are joining gangs.
• Youths are killed for going into the "wrong" postcode area.
• A sixfold increase in the number of gangs in some parts of London since 2000.