Thursday, January 10, 2008

Is it really too much to ask to show ID to vote?

VOA News - US Supreme Court to Rule on Voter Rights I don't think so. Even if you don't drive, in most states you can get a state-issued ID card for a few dollars. I suppose it would be OK if they waived that fee for some.

I have 3 government-issued IDs. My drivers license, my passport and my concealed carry permit. Surly most people could come up with one.

My belief (I know, I am cynical) is that the people who object to this law requiring ID are really in favor of vote fraud. They want anyone to be able to vote, even illegal aliens.

Voting requires (or it used to) that you register in advance, that you either vote by mail or vote on the day in question. Is providing proof of your right to vote asking too much? I don't think so.

No comments: