Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is this about the second amendment or property rights?

Florida Senate passes controversial guns-to-work bill -- South Florida Yes, you have the right to control what happens on your property. But my car remains my property, even if I park it in your parking lot. Can you allow the police to search my car, just because I am parked in your lot? No. Only I can do that.

By that same token, this is not a "guns to work" bill.

People troubled by violent stalkers (e.g. domestic violence victims) are most at risk when they are on a known schedule at a known location. To-and-from work is one of the primary examples of those vulnerable times.

Governor Crist is playing the second amendment strategy, but saying that he will sign the bill.

Businesses will of course challenge the law in court.

No comments: