Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Alarm Didn't Stop Him; The Gun Did

Suspect in St. Paul break-in caught by homeowner He broke in and set off the alarm. That didn't stop him from coming in.
"I grabbed our gun, which we keep for protection," [Jon Sokol, the homeowner] said.

"As I stepped around the corner, he hit me ... right between the eyes," Sokol said. "And I fired the gun.

"Down on the ground he went and I insisted, in a not very nice way, that he not move," he said. "I held him at gunpoint until the police arrived."
The bad guy will be charged with 2 counts of felony burglary for this dust-up. (The bad guy wasn't injured.) He was convicted as recently as last year of theft and burglary. No word on whether he finished his sentence or if he was on parole.

The homeowner suffered a cut on his forehead.

No comments: