Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bet Your Life on 911? They Don't Care What Happens to You

911 Operator: 'I Don't Give a S***t' - Nashville, Tennesse The exact quote was, "I really just don't give a s**t what happens to you." This was basically told to a woman who over several hours had pleaded for help with 911 because an ex-boyfriend-turned-stalker was in her yard.

The employee with that attitude was let go, but do you think other people don't feel a little bit like that? Look here, if you do.

You are free to bet your life on calling 911, just don't expect me to make that bet on my life. It is just another government department - think department of motor vehicles.

I am sure there are a lot of people involved in 911 call centers that care about people, but the system as a whole, has serious problems, and even when it works as advertised, police are minutes away. [Via Uncle]

No comments: