Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Bit More Info on Ayers and the Weather Underground

Fire in the Night by John M. Murtagh, City Journal 30 April 2008 The subtitle of this piece is, "The Weathermen tried to kill my family."

The story is a first hand account of what it is like to wake up in the middle of the night to the sound - and feeling - of explosions. Bombs were set by the Weatherman to kill a judge and his family. John Murtagh was 8-years-old the night the Weatherman tried to murder him.
I still recall, as though it were a dream, thinking that someone was lifting and dropping my bed as the explosions jolted me awake, and I remember my mother’s pulling me from the tangle of sheets and running to the kitchen where my father stood. Through the large windows overlooking the yard, all we could see was the bright glow of flames below. We didn’t leave our burning house for fear of who might be waiting outside.
That is the kind of things the "liberals" did in the sixties and seventies.

How does Ayers feel about it today?
But listen to Ayers interviewed in the New York Times on September 11, 2001, of all days: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.” Translation: “We meant to kill that judge and his family, not just damage the porch.” When asked by the Times if he would do it all again, Ayers responded: “I don’t want to discount the possibility.”
The judge in question was ruling a case the Weatherman felt strongly about. Strongly enough to try and commit murder.

Now I don't believe that Barack "Don't Say My Middle Name" Obama holds with blowing up judges, but he does hang out with people who do. That has to say something about something. [via My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy]

Update: more on the Weather Couple and Obama's connection to same.... Dems 2008: Elizabeth Wurtzel on Barack Obama's other friends, the "Weathercouple"

No comments: