Wednesday, May 14, 2008

FM radio is the new AM radio

It has been a long time since I drove across the US - or a big portion of it anyway - and I am shocked at the changes in the radio spectrum.

Talk shows, religious preachers, Christian rock (which is mostly horrible), Country, and Oldies (or classic rock to some). I heard "Proud Mary" and "On the Road Again" more in the last 2 days than I have in the past few years.

All I can say is CDs saved my sanity.

When did AM talk radio become FM talk radio? Do we really need Rush in stereo? Not that I'm complaining (much), I would rather listen to him than to the preachers who are either telling me how they want to save my soul or are busy condemning me to hell. (Couldn't really listen to this, though when you are scanning the spectrum, they are everywhere.)

Not sure if blogging will be light or not from here on in, but I hope to do at least a little every day.

No comments: