- Talking heads - from Meet the Press to the O'Reilly Factor - are really pretty boring even if the subject is interesting.
- Network affiliates seem to rejoice in happy news. If anything important happens you might get a sound bite and video clip, but don't count on it because if they don't have video clip they will cover something else (unless blood is involved, then expect interviews with shocked/outraged neighbors).
- How many copies/imitations of Jerry Springer do we need to have? (You could ask the same about "People's Court.")
- Some flavor of "Law and Order" or "CSI" is playing on some network at just about anytime day or night. L&O seems to do a lot of stories about heartless corporations and their heartless managers killing people (usually wives or girlfriends but sometimes just inconvenient customers). You wonder how any corporation stays in business with all of those heartless murderers in charge. The folks at CSI always seem to be able to find the one hair follicle that was left in the entire 4000 square foot home in about 3 minutes of searching.
- Oh, and on the subject of talking heads, I guess it is job requirement to be smug self-assured bastard who has little or no compassion for your guests.
- Last but certainly not least... I HATE commercial television.
Read a book. Go for a walk. Call a relative or old friend. Put down the remote and step away from the cheese dip.