Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So What Are the Dems Going To Do with Pro-gun Dems?

toledoblade.com -- Ohio governor signs 'Castle Doctrine' bill despite concerns by law enforcement A Democratic governor - of Ohio, a key "swing state" come November - signs pro-gun, pro-gun-owner, NRA-supported piece of legislation even though he had plenty of cover.

What are the Democrats coming too? A bunch of pro-gun Democrats in elected office? It might let them win elections, but they probably won't follow Feinstein and company down the gun-control path.

Not surprising that he doesn't want to be Obama's running mate.
"Absolutely not. If drafted I will not run, nominated I will not accept and if elected I will not serve. So, I don’t know how more crystal clear I can be," he said.
And anybody who quotes William Tecumseh Sherman is OK by me.

The Castle Doctrine Ohio gets isn't the Stand Your Ground legislation that the Left predicted would create Wild West shootouts in Florida, but it does include vehicles. This is good legislation for law-abiding residents of Ohio, even if it doesn't go far enough.

So, are the Democrats really moving away from gun control? Probably not all parts of the party. Daley's Chicago machine - the political machine that produced Barack "Don't Say My Middle Name" Obama - is so anti-gun they can't even think clearly. So, I won't trust all Democrats, but then I don't trust all Republicans on gun control.

No comments: