Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I wanted to see the cannon

Not a Cannon But all I got was this lame picture. The Raw Story | Denver police hit protesters with pepper spray from cannons, arrest 100 That is one of the smallest cannons I have ever seen. (clickity)

Not that the Denver police are playing by the rules.
Denver Police have been criticized by civil liberties groups such as the ACLU, which released a leaked memo showing that the police had classified all manner of people as a threat, including those on bicycles, wearing football helmets, or carrying city maps or protest signs.
Watch out for those gosh-darn bicycle-riding trouble makers. Reading a map? So anyone who isn't familiar with Denver - that means most of the delegates - are automatically considered to be a threat? I don't know about you, but when I am driving in a strange city, I often try to have a map. I wonder what they would do to someone with a GPS?

Now I understand that a lot of these "protesters" are there to incite problems. But blaming anyone trying to find their way around with a map, seems a bit over the top. Welcome to the police state.

No comments: