Friday, August 01, 2008

Your Tax Dollars at Work

The Herald Bulletin - EDITORIAL: The new age of police stings I was going to write about this when I first heard of it, but this editorial will do.
Remember when an undercover police sting would nab dozens of drug dealers or track down millions of laundered dollars going to the Middle East?

Nowadays, in Chicago, an undercover operation involves a policeman posing as pedestrian and catching motorists who don’t slow down in crosswalks.
Because Mayor Dumbbell Daley has created one of the safest urban havens in North America. Safe for criminals that is.

Now I am all for being safe on the roads. On the rare occasions I go to Chicago, I spend a fair amount of time being a pedestrian. But I would rather have cops fighting muggers, rapists and other urban goblins than spending time on this.

No comments: