Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Don't Forget the Catfish"

Barack Obama's stimulus plan has lobbyists circling -- chicagotribune.com Bailouts for all. I and do mean all. 500 billion to a trillion dollars to save jobs invested in "infrastructure." Right.
But don't forget the catfish.

"The catfish industry is on the verge of collapse," said Marty Fuller of the Catfish Farmers of America, citing high feed prices and an increase in imports. Some 6,000 jobs are at stake, mostly in economically depressed areas in states such as Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana. Officials are talking about seeking $50 million in aid as a stimulus.
I mean what's 50 million for the taxpayers?

If this wasn't taxpayer dollars being wasted, it would be funny. And here I thought "infrastructure" meant things like bridges, airports and maybe schools. I admit it; I was guilty of forgetting about the catfish.

No comments: