Tuesday, May 12, 2009

“I wasn't going to be his victim”

Homeowner opens fire on burglary suspects | Indianapolis A woman after my own heart. What would you do if you discovered a strange man breaking into your home?
"I did what I had to do not only to protect myself but to protect my home because I didn't know whether or not - hey, are you coming here to rob me, are you coming here to rape and beat or kill me and I'm not going to stop and ask you questions as to, hey, dude, what's your intent," she said. "My dad always said, 'If you feel threatened, you put a bullet in them.'"
What else would you do?

She missed the guy. The shot went inches away from him, and he fell back out of the window.

Her house was burglarized in December, so she knew there was risk.
So Monday, she was ready, with the weapon she's had for almost a decade.
"It needs to send a message. If you go into someone's home, be prepared for whatever consequences there might be," Danielle said. "If I had to do it all over again, I would make sure I had better practice."
Self-defense is a human right.

No comments: