Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Home Invader Meets Armed Homeowner With the Expected Result

If a man tells you to your face - through a window, granted - not to break into his home, you might consider listening. Fayette County Homeowner Shoots and Kills Intruder He was confronted by a man - at night he couldn't see who - trying to break a picture window. So, what would you do?
"I went back and got my gun and came back into the room," says Woods, "and he broke at me. He asked me what I was going to do and he broke at me, right through the window. He walked right through the window and so I shot. I fired about three shots."
He fired 3 shots at an intruder inside his home, where his wife and his daughter were. He did the right thing.

Turns out the guy he shot was a neighbor. And the neighbors don't believe in legal self-defense. Luckily the state does.
The case is still under investigation but District Attorney Mike Dunavant says it appears to be a "justified" shooting, meaning Mr. Woods won't face any charges.

Woods feels bad for Webb's family but insists he had no choice but to fire his .38 revolver.

"If I hadn't been there," he says, "I don't what he would have done to my family."
So what would you do to protect your kids?

Good Guys 1, Bad Guys 0. Self-defense is a human right.

No comments: