Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Phone Can Save Your Life

This guy's phone stopped a knife from penetrating his chest. Roswell store clerk calls cellphone his lifesaver | ajc.com
A would-be robber tried to stab Wescott with a hunting knife on Monday night shortly after entering the Beverage Mart where he worked as a clerk in Roswell.
Video of attack

“The knife looked about 10 feet long when he was waving it in front of my face,” Wescott recalled Wednesday during a press conference at the Roswell Police Department. “It was like slow motion.”
When that was over, he could then grab the GLOCK .40 caliber pistol that was under the counter and shoot the bastard.
Jeanpierre stumbled out the door and fell against the building hollering “you shot me, you shot me,” Wescott said.

“I told him he was lucky I didn’t kill him,” he said.
The bad guy was taken to a hospital. When he gets out, he "will be charged with two counts of aggravated assault, attempted armed robbery and possession of a weapon during the commission of a felony." That should send him away for a while.

Self-defense works. Though I think this guy is really lucky to be alive.

No comments: