Friday, July 24, 2009

But He Did “Disparage” the Police

Obama didn't "give the impression" that he disparaged the police; He DID disparage the police.

He said that the Cambridge Police acted "stupidly." Well he didn't say they were stupid, but I think most people concluded that is what he meant.

And let's be clear. I know this to be the case because I disparage the police with some regularity. So I know.

So just own up to your mistake. (As of this afternoon he hasn't apologized. He walked right up to an apology, but stopped just short.)

As someone on NPR (don't ask) pointed out this afternoon, the phrases "He is a friend of mine," and "I don't have all the facts," are usually followed by "I can't comment on the situation."

Not the most polite statement a politician has ever made.

No comments: