Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Texans Are Still Armed

Criminals still haven't figured that out. Fort Worth homeowner shoots two intruders, killing one

This guy was home in the middle of the day, because he recently lost his job.
At about 11:30 a.m. Friday, Fort Worth police believe, two men intent on burglarizing the home again kicked in the front door.

Anthony Hawkins, who had lost his job in recent weeks, was home.

"My brother called, and he said, 'Somebody’s kicking in my door,’ " Joseph Hawkins said. "I said, 'Anthony, protect yourself. I’m on my way.’ "

When Joseph Hawkins arrived a short time later, one of the suspected burglars was dead in the street and police were swarming in on the second, who was seriously injured.
They had problems since the day they moved into this home. Graffiti painted on cars, burglarized more than once.

A neighbor called 911 when he saw one of the men kick in the front door.

No comments: