Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Haloscan is History

Unfortunately, way back when, I decided to use Haloscan for comments and trackbacks.

Well, in 15 days - or sooner if the HW gives out - Haloscan will be no more.

There isn't way to import those old comments into Blogger at this time - though I guess that is under review. But at some point, those comments will be gone, and I don't know if I will get them back or not.

Paying a third party for a feature offered free by Blogger, doesn't sound like a winning proposition.

1 comment:

wickedmess said...

Wow, you're going to lose comments from all those years? That's awful! You have my sympathy. And they didn't come up with a way to import the old comments before they shut down? That's pretty crappy! Hopefully some outside source will come up with a solution.