Friday, February 26, 2010

The Warning Shots Were a Bad Idea

If I don't answer the door, it doesn't mean I'm not home. It only means I don't want to talk to you. Homeowner Fires Shots At Intruder - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City

So this guy pounds on the front door, waking up the homeowner who works nights. (None of his friends/family would do that, and if it were an emergency, they would call....) Then the would-be burglar went around the house and tried to break in through the back door.
"I rummaged through my closet, found a pistol, went downstairs -- and before I even got downstairs I heard somebody jimmying my back door," Nicholson said.

Nicholson said he pointed his gun at the intruder and issued a warning.

"I put the gun up to the glass next to his head, I told him to stop. I mean, I could have shot him right there if I wanted to shoot through the door," Nicholson said.
He fired warning shots as the guy was leaving. Leaving in a stolen truck, but maybe the police will get some clues from that.

I wonder if having looked down the barrel of a gun will give this guy the motivation to get out of crime?

Self-defense is a human right.

No comments: