Saturday, March 13, 2010

Political Staff Members and the (In)Sanity of Politicians

OK, I was going to throw a few bucks at Marco Rubio. He is running against Charlie Crist in the primary for the Senate Seat from Florida as a Republican, and Crist is perhaps my least-favorite Republican.

So for the 2nd time in a week, I went to his oh-so-fancy flash-based donation page, and for the 2nd time I got an error message and was unable to donate. Both times, I sent them info about the error. I don't expect to hear back this time, any more than I heard back the first time.

So now I'm stuck. If they won't listen to me, when I am trying to give them money, will they ever listen to me? Seems doubtful. The funny thing is, they don't have a clue as to how much money I am trying to give - it could be a little or a whole lot (it is little).

It is on some level hard to blame Rubio. He isn't a web-site designer, and he paid people to set it up and has staff to manage it. But in the end it does reflect on him. (He should pick better staff. They should design simpler donation set-ups. Someone should speak to the person with the money in her hand, waving and trying to get their attention.)

And the phone number of his HQ? It rang 10 times, but didn't go to voice-mail. So I think there are bigger problems.... (How much is an answering machine today?)

No comments: