Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Guys 1, Bad Guys 0

So how exactly should an 89-year-old respond to an intruder in her home? Offer him some cookies? Police: 89-Year-Old Fires Gun At Intruder - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines
"After he start kicking the door, that’s when I got my gun. And that’s when he stood there. And that’s when I fired my shot, you know. The Lord was with me, I never got scared," said Turner.

Turner told KCCI that she was aiming at McAlpine.

"The next thing I knew, he was in here. Right there. And that’s when I grabbed my gun and I stood right there in my bedroom door with my gun and I said I’m going to kill you!" said Turner. "I was trying to hit him in the head, but I guess my bullet missed him. But if it had cocked him again, I’d have got him."

Turner told police that McAlpine quickly left the home.
He ran like a rabbit. But he didn't get far. He was arrested, and charged with second-degree burglary.

This is the part I love best.
"This is a .22. And the police reloaded it for me," said Turner. "I know how to work that gun. I just hope and pray to God it don't happen again."
So, do you think those cops are opposed to the law-abiding defending themselves? Neither do I.

Self-defense is a human right.

No comments: