Saturday, August 07, 2010

Law Enforcement Was Once Everyone's Job

Before we had standing armies masquerading as civilian police forces. Ashtabula County 'Posse' Helps Nab Wanted Man - WJW
Kusar was part of a small group who located Lee Nash, 56, hiding in a camper on Kusar's farm. "I got outta my truck, I loaded my gun, I took my safety off, I walked up to the door and flung the door open with the barrel of my gun and he was laying in there, sleeping with a sawed-off shotgun next to him."

Nash was wanted in connection with at least one break-in, but police say additional charges are pending. "We had the trailer surrounded, he wasn't getting out," said Kusar. "If he did come out with the shotgun, we were gonna need the coroner."
The Sheriff in this county is understanding. And grateful. His budget was cut to the point where there is little he can do.

This is a county in Ohio, where a judge recommended people get concealed carry permits, because of the budget cuts in the sheriff's office.
Ashtabula County is the largest, geographically, in Ohio. But only two sheriff's department cruisers patrol the area, down from five cars before, because of budget cuts
At least the bad guys are still being brought to justice. (The guy in this case is wanted on one charge, though several additional charges were expected.) [via NRA-ILA]

No comments: