Monday, August 23, 2010

Musical Interlude

For some reason, I have been living in the 50s and 60s - musically - all day.

Dave Brubeck was always the quintessential small jazz ensemble to me. I like big bands some of the time. I like trios and quartets most of the time, and Dave Brubeck anytime.

Cuban music was fairly popular in the 50s - I guess because everyone went to Havana for the gambling.

If you stopped into Trader Vic's to have a Mai Tai (or any other drink with a little umbrella in it) you would probably have heard some Tiki, and probably some Arthur Lyman. If you've never had a Mai Tai, it is worth a trip to Trader Vic's if you are close to one. (There aren't that many.) Failing that find a recipe. Just don't blame me for the hangover.

A little more Brubeck - something a bit more challenging than "Take Five."

No comments: