During these three days, eligible items are exempt from all state and local sales taxes in Louisiana. The exemption applies to purchases for individual use. It does not apply to business purchases.Enjoy.
Eligible items include:
- Accessories designed to be used for hunting.
- Shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers, or other handguns.
- Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm is eligible.
- Animal feed for consumption by game which can be legally hunted.
- Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear for use while hunting;
- Off-road vehicles such as all terrain vehicles designed for hunting. The exemption does not apply to golf carts, bikes, motorcycles, tractors, or motor vehicles which may be legally driven on highways.
Thursday, September 02, 2010
A tax holiday in honor of the 2nd Amendment. Louisiana 2010 Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday is Sept. 3rd, 4th, & 5th
Posted by Zendo Deb at 9/02/2010 08:58:00 PM