Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Blogging May Be a Little Light

After 10 years without a television, I finally broke down and joined the 21st Century. Flat screen (though not too large), Blu-ray player, and 5.1 surround. I haven't gotten it connected to the internet yet - I install the new WiFi in the morning, as the old one was too slow for serious video.

I seem to find myself a little distracted. Can't imagine why. And I have house painting to do, and gutters to clean and all the other joys you have when you own a house. (Life was simpler on the boat.)


Graybeard said...

I know how you feel. I have a nice screen - not big by today's standards, but HD is just so... beautiful. Shame it's still largely "500 channels and nothing worth watching".

Zendo Deb said...

I figured that one out. Don't have cable. (Though the outside antenna seems to be suffering from a broken cable.)

Between Hulu, and Popcornflix and crackle, I don't see much need for cable. And I will get the antenna replaced soon enough. Which will provide local news and weather.

Then there is, not sure what the NFL has in store for the fall....

Graybeard said...

Pretty sure the NFL has an exclusive contract with DirecTV, and won't compete with them. I had DirecTV and NFL season ticket last season, the second of a two year contract. Dropped the satellite and went back to cable.

(I'm a Dolphins fan - yeah, I know - and can't see spending more for satellite than cable for worse service than cable, and an additional $500 for the privilege of watching the Dolphins get beat.
And still get blacked out of a few games every season)

I have a Roku box and it's almost enough to drop cable. The last time I searched, the Outdoor Channel gun shows aren't available on Hulu or the other streaming services, so that's why I still have a cable hookup.